Local Search Analyst & Community Manager
Carrie comes to Sterling Sky with SEO experience that dates back to 2006! She has a passion for figuring out what works for each and every client and picking apart the problems that arise in our “it depends” relationship with Google.
When not noodling around in all things Local Search, Carrie can be found curled up with her 4 dogs, 1 cat, and a good book – or cooking up something fairly amazing in the kitchen.
As a prolific writer, Carrie has been featured in many industry publications. She was a regular columnist for multiple publications, including industry authority sites SearchEngineLand.com and SearchEngineWatch.com.
While Carrie has touched just about every part of SEO, she has developed a specialty around brand building for small businesses – assisting them in succeeding in Google’s Zero Click Search environment. Sometimes, success doesn’t come in the form of SEO, and her foray into Local Service Ads and Facebook Paid Ads has helped clients gain exposure and revenue from a narrow market.
Carrie has been fortunate enough to have traveled to many search conferences over the years and has presented on a variety of online marketing topics, from Paid Advertising and Social Media to Local Brand Building & Technical SEO strategies.
- LocalU Advanced Google My Business Master Class – Virtual – March 2020
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Corpus Christi, TX – Aug 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Stevenson, WA – Aug 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Jackson Hole, WY – July 2019
- LocalU Small Business – Austin, TX ( April 2019)
- LocalU Advanced Santa Monica – February 2019
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean Local Marketing Analytics Course (1 Day Course) – January 2019
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2018
- LocalU SMB Austin – April 2018
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2017
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – Sept 2017
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – July 2017
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2016
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – May 2016
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2015
- Mozcon Ignite – July 2015
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2014
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2013
- SMX West – San Jose – March 2013
- SMX East – New York – October 2012
- SMX West – Santa Clara – March 2010
- Affiliate Convention – Denver 2009
- SMX Analytics – Toronto 2009
- SES San Jose 2009
- SES San Jose 2008
- SES Chicago 2008
- SES NY 2008
- SES Travel 2007
Read about the experiences our clients have had with Sterling Sky.
Colan reviewed our website and then delivered a report on how to optimize for local SEO. He presented factor after factor, accompanied by separate TO DO lists for each. MY partner and I both recognized the excellence and value of the information delivered. Colan, thank you. https://www.lidivorcemediation.com/
Joy Hawkins’ awesome gift for problem-solving and for digging down to the roots of technical Local SEO issues has made her a highly-respected industry expert. She distills complex issues down into simple, logical language, making her an excellent communicator. Her publications surrounding this form of marketing have become references for the industry, bringing considerable strategical benefits to local businesses and Local SEOs. What an amazing combination of skills in a consultant! http://www.solaswebdesign.net
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry. She understands how to research, identify, and solve GMB ranking issues like no one else. If you’re struggling to rank in local search, Joy is the consultant that will get you on the right track. www.whitespark.ca