Local Search Analyst & Community Manager
Carrie comes to Sterling Sky with SEO experience that dates back to 2006! She has a passion for figuring out what works for each and every client and picking apart the problems that arise in our “it depends” relationship with Google.
When not noodling around in all things Local Search, Carrie can be found curled up with her 4 dogs, 1 cat, and a good book – or cooking up something fairly amazing in the kitchen.
As a prolific writer, Carrie has been featured in many industry publications. She was a regular columnist for multiple publications, including industry authority sites SearchEngineLand.com and SearchEngineWatch.com. She’s a resource & instructor for SearchEngineNews.com.
While Carrie has touched just about every part of SEO, she has developed a specialty around brand building for small businesses – assisting them in succeeding in Google’s Zero Click Search environment. Sometimes, success doesn’t come in the form of SEO, and her foray into Local Service Ads and Facebook Paid Ads has helped clients gain exposure and revenue from a narrow market.
Local SEO Speaker
Carrie is also a sought out Local search speaker. She has spoken at many digital marketing conferences over the years and is routinely asked to speak about Local search tips and tricks. Some of the Local SEO presentations she has given are listed below. Carrie is also a mainstay at LocalU where she writes, speaks, and hosts Last Week In Local with Mike Blumenthal and Mary Bowling. Together with some of the best Local search pros in the business, Carrie has put out some fo the best digital marketing advice available. If you go to a Local Search Conference, you are most likely to hear Carrie speak.
Carrie has been fortunate enough to have traveled to many search conferences over the years and has presented on a variety of online marketing topics, from Paid Advertising and Social Media to Local Brand Building & Technical SEO strategies.
- LocalU Advanced – Denver – July 2022 (Upcoming)
- LocalU Advanced Virtual – August 2021
- LocalU Advanced Virtual – November 2020
- Whitespark Local Search Summit – Virtual – September 2020
- LocalU Advanced Google My Business Master Class – Virtual – March 2020
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Corpus Christi, TX – Aug 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Stevenson, WA – Aug 2019
- PERC (Propane Education and Research Council) – Jackson Hole, WY – July 2019
- LocalU Small Business – Austin, TX ( April 2019)
- LocalU Advanced Santa Monica – February 2019
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean Local Marketing Analytics Course (1 Day Course) – January 2019
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2018
- LocalU SMB Austin – April 2018
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2017
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – Sept 2017
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – July 2017
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2016
- SearchEngineNews/Planet Ocean SEO Analytics Course (4 Day Course) – May 2016
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2015
- Mozcon Ignite – July 2015
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2014
- Pubcon Las Vegas – October 2013
- SMX West – San Jose – March 2013
- SMX East – New York – October 2012
- SMX West – Santa Clara – March 2010
- Affiliate Convention – Denver 2009
- SMX Analytics – Toronto 2009
- SES San Jose 2009
- SES San Jose 2008
- SES Chicago 2008
- SES NY 2008
- SES Travel 2007
Read about the experiences our clients have had with Sterling Sky.
I have to say, your help in the Denver area has paid off CONSIDERABLY! 931 website visits and 370…read more →
I was referred to Sterling Sky by Marie Haynes and I have had fantastic experience! They have helped me…read more →
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry. She understands how to research,…read more →