Joy Hawkins has been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006 and loves being a Google Top Contributor. She also loves spending time managing Google Ads accounts and has been certified in both Google Search & Display. She is also a speaker at various search engine marketing conferences such as SMX & LocalU, Pubcon & Mozcon.
Joy is a mother of 3 beautiful children and a devout Christian.
Joy’s daily responsibilities at Sterling Sky include troubleshooting ranking issues on Google for the most complicated and difficult accounts, consulting on how to use Google products and SEO-related tools and tactics, selling and managing local SEO, social media and Google Ads accounts for small business owners, and keeping up with new trends and processes in the local SEO and search engine marketing (SEM) world. You can follow her on Twitter.
Local SEO Speaker
Joy is perhaps one of the most widely known Local Search speakers. She has spoken at nearly every Local SEO Conference (several times over), most notably Local U, MozCon, MozCon Local, and Pubcon. If you are in Local SEO, you probably have heard Joy give one of her Local search presentations. Joy enjoys speaking about Local SEO, and has brought together some of the best Local Search pros in the industry to provide the best Local SEO knowledge on the web. If you go to Local Search conferences, you will hear Joy speak on all topics of Local SEO.
Joy has been fortunate to speak at dozens of Local SEO conferences over the years. She plans to continue to be a guiding force in Local SEO by spreading her knowledge and expertise to other upcoming Local Search conferences.
- Search Engine Land Columnist
- Google MapMaker Regional Lead (USA)
- Google My Business Product Expert on the Google My Business Forum
- Joy has looked at and worked on thousands of Google local listings for SMBs in the US and Canada
- Joy self-taught all about SEO and have been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006.
- Moderator on the Local University Forum & LocalU faculty member
- Speaker at Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Speaker at Local University
- Owner of the Local Search Forum
- Bachelor of Science in Communications (Specializing in Advertising) – Liberty University
- Honors Graduate, Summa Cum Laude