Joy Hawkins has been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006 and loves being a Google Top Contributor. She also loves spending time managing Google Ads accounts and has been certified in both Google Search & Display. She is also a speaker at various search engine marketing conferences such as SMX & LocalU, Pubcon & Mozcon.
Joy is a mother of 3 beautiful children and a devout Christian.
Joy’s daily responsibilities at Sterling Sky include troubleshooting ranking issues on Google for the most complicated and difficult accounts, updating her training manual (The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO), consulting on how to use Google products and SEO-related tools and tactics, selling and managing local SEO, social media and Google Ads accounts for small business owners, and keeping up with new trends and processes in the local SEO and search engine marketing (SEM) world. You can follow her on Twitter.
- Search Engine Land Columnist
- Google MapMaker Regional Lead (USA)
- Google My Business Product Expert on the Google My Business Forum
- Joy has looked at and worked on thousands of Google local listings for SMBs in the US and Canada
- Joy self-taught all about SEO and have been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006.
- Moderator on the Local University Forum & LocalU faculty member
- Speaker at Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Speaker at Local University
- Owner of the Local Search Forum
- Bachelor of Science in Communications (Specializing in Advertising) – Liberty University
- Honors Graduate, Summa Cum Laude
Read about the experiences our clients have had with Sterling Sky.
Colan reviewed our website and then delivered a report on how to optimize for local SEO. He presented factor after factor, accompanied by separate TO DO lists for each. MY partner and I both recognized the excellence and value of the information delivered. Colan, thank you. https://www.lidivorcemediation.com/
Joy Hawkins’ awesome gift for problem-solving and for digging down to the roots of technical Local SEO issues has made her a highly-respected industry expert. She distills complex issues down into simple, logical language, making her an excellent communicator. Her publications surrounding this form of marketing have become references for the industry, bringing considerable strategical benefits to local businesses and Local SEOs. What an amazing combination of skills in a consultant! http://www.solaswebdesign.net
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry. She understands how to research, identify, and solve GMB ranking issues like no one else. If you’re struggling to rank in local search, Joy is the consultant that will get you on the right track. www.whitespark.ca