How do I Contact Google My Business?
Posted by Joy Hawkins
Updated June 29, 2020
If you’re looking in your Google My Business dashboard and no longer seeing a call button, you’re not alone. Over the last few months, Google My Business has consolidated virtually all of their support contact forms into one single form.
As of today, the only way to contact GMB support is through this form. Alternatively, you can still find that same form inside the GMB dashboard, which we will outline below.
Finding email and phone support options in 2020 has remained fairly challenging. Phone support is gone and email support is fairly buried within the support center and the “Support” section inside GMB.
Here’s how to find the email contact form from within your Google My Business Dashboard.
- Select the “Support” link in the bottom left of the Google My Business dashboard
- Select “Contact Us”
- Fill out the support questions and Google will direct you to a help center document or they will present the option to email GMB support.
(This is my preferred method)
- Reach out to them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness) by either posting on their wall or messaging the page directly.
- Tweet to them or direct message them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/googlemybiz
Expect a response within 24-48 hours (Monday-Friday only). During times of heavy usage the Social team can become backlogged and response times can take a week or more.
*Note: As of June 29, 2020, GMB Social Support is not funcioning. It will be back online, we just do not know when, yet.
Google My Business Forum
You can’t talk directly to a Googler on the forum but can get advice from the Product Experts who have the ability to escalate issues if necessary. The Google My Business Forum is peer-supported and managed primarily by a group of Product Experts that have the ability to escalate issues and cases to Google. You can see a list of the current Product Experts here. It’s best to post here if you want feedback on a particular issue, see something odd that you feel might be a bug, need clarification on a particular policy. For spam-related issues you need to use the Redressal Form.
Shortcuts to Different Support Forums
- Form to request reinstatement for a suspended listing
- Having issues verifying a listing
- Get ownership of a listing that’s currently verified by someone else
- Report inappropriate reviews
- Report maps spam (ineligible listings, keyword stuffing, etc)
- Does the URL You Link to in Google My Business Impact Ranking in the Local Pack? - July 7, 2020
- Does Adding Keywords in an Image Filename Help Ranking? - June 30, 2020
- How Much Do Keywords in the Business Name Impact Ranking? - June 23, 2020