Updated May 18, 2018
If you’re looking in your Google My Business dashboard and no longer seeing a call button, you’re not alone. There were several reports back in 2016 of the call feature not showing up and then the direct link to phone support stopped working all together. Here are the options that are currently available to contact Google My Business.
Finding the email and phone support options in 2018 has become pretty challenging. They are fairly buried within the support center. The majority of Google My Business phone support is handled from India although you will sometimes get US employees in Ann Arbor, MI. The direct link to contact phone support is back and can be found here (Note: Google has been known to test different things that make this link not work). You can also call the AdWords phone number (1-866-2Google) and select the option for Google My Business. You will need to have an AdWords account number to get to that option.
Here’s how to find the email/phone contact form from within your Google My Business Dashboard.
- Select the “Support” link in the bottom left of the Google My Business dashboard
- Select “Need More Help?”
- You need to select “Access and Ownership” and then “Other Problem”
- Once you do that you will be taken to a form that has the email and phone support options.
(This is my preferred method)
- Reach out to them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness) by either posting on their wall or messaging the page directly.
- Tweet to them or direct message them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/googlemybiz
Expect a response within 24-48 hours (Monday-Friday only)
Google My Business Forum
You can’t talk directly to a Googler on the forum but can get advice from the Top Contributors who have the ability to escalate issues if necessary. The Google My Business Forum is peer-supported and managed primarily by a group of Top Contributors that have the ability to escalate issues and cases to Google. You can see a list of the current Top Contributors here. It’s best to post here if you want feedback on a particular issue, see something odd that you feel might be a bug, need clarification on a particular policy, or have spam that you wish to report.
Shortcuts to Different Support Forums
- Form to request reinstatement for a suspended listing.
- Having issues verifying a listing.
- Get ownership of a listing that’s currently verified by someone else.
- Report inappropriate reviews.