How do I Contact Google My Business?
Posted by Joy Hawkins
Info Current As Of January 14, 2021
Things go wrong, questions come up, and sometimes you just need help with your Google My Business account. But how do you contact Google My Business? If you’re looking in your Google My Business dashboard to contact Google business customer service and no longer seeing a call button, you’re not alone, many in the local SEO industry have been frustrated by the recent changes in how to contact GMB support and the removal of Google My Business’s phone number or ability to call them. Over the last few months, Google My Business has consolidated virtually all of its support contact forms into one single form.
As of today, the only way to contact GMB support is through this form. Alternatively, you can still find that same contact form inside the GMB dashboard, which we will outline below.
Finding email and phone Google business customer service support options in 2020 have remained fairly challenging. Phone support is gone and email support is fairly buried within the support center and the “Support” section inside GMB.
Here’s how to find the email contact form from within your Google My Business Dashboard to access customer service support.
- Select the “Support” link in the bottom left of the Google My Business dashboard
- Select “Contact Us”
- Fill out the support questions and Google will direct you to a help center document or they will present the option to email Google My Business customer service support.
(This is local SEO expert’s preferred method for how to contact Google My Business)
- Reach out to Google business customer service on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness) by either posting on their wall or messaging the page directly.
- Tweet to them or direct message them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/googlemybiz
Expect a response from their customer service support team within 24-48 hours (Monday-Friday only). During times of heavy usage, the google business customer service Social team can become backlogged and response times can take a week or more.
*Note: As of June 29, 2020, GMB Social Support is not functioning. It will be back online at some point, but no one in the local SEO community knows when just yet.
Google My Business Forum
You can’t talk directly to a Googler on the forum but can get advice from the Google Product Experts who have the ability to escalate issues if necessary. The Google My Business Forum is peer-supported and managed primarily by a group of Product Experts that have the ability to escalate issues and cases to Google. You can see a list of the current Product Experts here. It’s best to post on the forum if you want feedback on a particular issue, see something odd that you feel might be a bug, or need clarification on a particular policy. For spam-related issues, you need to use the Redressal Form.
Shortcuts to Different Google Business Customer Service Support Forums
- Form to request reinstatement for a suspended listing
- Having issues verifying a listing
- Get ownership of a listing that’s currently verified by someone else
- Report inappropriate reviews
- Report maps spam (ineligible listings, keyword stuffing, etc)
Contact Our Google My Business SEO Experts At Sterling Sky Inc.
Hopefully, this quick overview of the best ways of how to contact Google business customer service for support will be helpful for you. And if you’re a local business that needs help ranking on Google in either the 3-pack or organically, at Sterling Sky we can help. We offer SEO audits, consulting, or monthly local SEO services. Contact our office today for more information.
Check out what Wes had to say about our local SEO services on Google.
“If you are looking for Google experts that are professional, candid, and really good at communication, you have found them. When I ask Joy and her team questions, I do not get answers they think I want to hear. I get responses I need to hear. As a business owner, I don’t always like the answers I get, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for the truth. I am very happy we have retained Sterling Sky Inc to help our business.”
June 15, 2020
And See These Other Articles By SEO Expert Joy Hawkins:
-  How to Interpret Google My Business (GMB) Insights
- Does Optimizing for “Near Me” Work?
- When Can Service-Based Businesses Have Multiple Google My Business Listings?
- And More
- Do Google Posts Impact Ranking? - July 26, 2021
- How to Succeed With Google Posts: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 1,000 Google Posts - July 19, 2021
- You Can Now Remove Phone Numbers From Google My Business LIstings - July 16, 2021