As a business owner, it’s essential to know how your customers are finding you.
Luckily, Google Business Profile (GBP) makes it easy to track this information.
The GBP can help you understand how people found your business.
Most Valuable Google Business Profile Performance Metrics
One of the most valuable metrics you get in the GBP dashboard is Search Queries.
This report tells you how many different queries people used to find your business, what the queries are, and these queries are unique per user.
This information is crucial because it gives you insight into what your customers are searching for on Google leading to them finding your business.
More Google Business Profile Performance Metrics
In addition to Search Queries, GBP offers a variety of other metrics to help you understand how people are finding your business.
Some of the other metrics you can track include:
- Views: The number of times your business was viewed on Google, including searches and Google Maps.
- Phone calls: Number of clicks on the call button on your Business Profile. Provide your phone number to start tracking this metric.
- Direction requests: The number of times someone requested directions to your business.
- Bookings: Number of completed bookings by customers. To get data for this metric, you need to set up bookings through a provider.
- Messages: You first need to set up the GMB Messaging feature before Google can collect this data. Additionally, if you are using a 3rd party for the messaging feature, the graph inside GMB Insights might show zero even if you actually have been receiving messages.
- Website clicks: Number of clicks on the website link on your Business Profile.
Digging Into the Insights
You can use this information to help optimize your website to ensure that you’re showing up for the right search terms. I recommend digging into the insights on a monthly basis and looking for new keyword opportunities that you can bake into your website. For instance, this dental clinic started showing the query “dentist in new york” as one of their top ten search queries they were getting found for. We had previously ignored optimizing for New York because we were focused on NYC since they are in the city. Once we made this discovery, we refocused some of our onsite efforts and the result was dramatic. The query Dentist in New York is currently the top-performing query.
- The Google Business Profile is a powerful tool for understanding how people are finding your business.
- By tracking metrics like search queries, views, and actions, you can gain valuable insights into your customers’ behavior and optimize your online presence to ensure that you’re showing up for the right searches.
- If you haven’t already, we highly recommend setting up a Google Business Profile listing for your business today.