Meet The Team: 20 Questions with Matt Casady
Posted by Carrie Hill
We’re excited to bring you another 20 fun questions from one of Sterling Sky’s newest hires, Matt Casady. Matt lives in sunny California with his wife and 3 kids (a new baby and a new job all in the same few weeks, what a brave guy!!)
Get to know Matt!
- Favorite food? I absolutely love cheeseburgers.
- Sport-ball or brain games? Not a ball per se but I love frisbees. In my free time, I love playing a round of disc golf or playing Ultimate frisbee.
- Any special talents? I’ve been singing for the past 15 years or so both with choirs and doing solos. I’ve had the cool opportunity to sing in music videos, concerts, and even a small budget movie.
- What’s your binge-watching guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure would have to be watching The Bachelor with my wife.
- Favorite aspect of Local SEO? I like helping small businesses dominate their local markets.
- Chocolate or gummies? I love white and milk chocolate, especially fancy stuff from Europe.
- What’s the oddest category of clients you’ve ever done SEO for? I did SEO for a sod company. It was tough to come up with new blog posts on “sod” every single month.
- You’re in California – Love it? Or Leave it? I grew up in Southern California and have lots of family in the area so I love it. The cost of living sucks but you can’t beat the weather.
- Dogs or cats? I’ve always loved cats but dogs also have a special place in my heart. I’d love to adopt a pug someday.
- Apple or Windows/Android? Android all the way.
- What’s your favorite thing about working at Sterling Sky? I love being able to work from home and be a part of and learn from the dream team!
- Favorite sports team? I’m a huge fan of the University of Southern California (USC) Trojan football.
- Family? I have a beautiful wife and 3 kids.
- Weirdest/coolest job before doing SEO? I sold animated bible movies door-to-door in Arkansas one summer while in college. That was pretty random.
- Best concert you’ve ever been to? Kelly Clarkson and The Fray at The Hollywood Bowl. Such a cool venue.
- Coffee, Tea, or something else in the morning? I actually don’t drink either so when I need my caffeine fix I go for Mountain Dew.
- Favorite childhood book? I enjoyed reading The Chronicles of Narnia as a kid.
- Favorite restaurant? It depends on what I’m in the mood for, it’s a toss-up between the delicious smoked meats at Lucille’s or the deep dish pizzas at BJ’s.
- What holiday do you wish lasted all year long? Christmas for sure! I sing Christmas music all year long.
- Any other interesting things you’d like to share? I once got someone arrested using my skills learned as an SEO. Friends have jokingly called me a part-time PI.
- Ultimate Guide to Getting Started with Email Marketing for SMBs - August 2, 2021
- Direct Traffic Look Odd? Your Call Tracking Metrics Setup May Be to Blame - November 9, 2020
- Meet The Team: 20 Questions with Matt Casady - November 4, 2020