Joy Hawkins has been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006 and loves being a Google Top Contributor. She also loves spending time managing Google Ads accounts and has been certified in both Google Search & Display. She is also a speaker at various search engine marketing conferences such as SMX & LocalU, Pubcon & Mozcon.
Joy is a mother of 3 beautiful children and a devote Christian.
Joy’s daily responsibilities at Sterling Sky include troubleshooting ranking issues on Google for the most complicated and difficult accounts, updating her training manual (The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO), consulting on how to use Google products and SEO-related tools and tactics, selling and managing local SEO, social media and Google Ads accounts for small business owners, and keeping up with new trends and processes in the local SEO and search engine marketing (SEM) world. You can follow her on Twitter.
- Search Engine Land Columnist
- Google MapMaker Regional Lead (USA)
- Google My Business Product Expert on the Google My Business Forum
- Joy has looked at and worked on thousands of Google local listings for SMBs in the US and Canada
- Joy self-taught all about SEO and have been working in the Local SEO industry since 2006.
- Moderator on the Local University Forum & LocalU faculty member
- Speaker at Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Speaker at Local University
- Owner of the Local Search Forum
- Honors Graduate, Summa Cum Laude